Scroll down for details, or click on an icon.
See the ‘About Us’ page for a description of our qualifications and experience, or Contact Us if you would like more information.
Lessons & Training
with Carol Green
Dressage and Jumping lessons for you and your horse, adapted to suit your level of riding (beginners to advanced). I am a qualified and insured BHSI instructor, with experience competing in 3*Eventing, Advanced Dressage, and 1.50 Showjumping, using this knowledge to benefit riders of all ages and levels.
Para-dressage lessons also available; I have previously trained riders for the Bermuda and Russian para-dressage teams, including a Russian qualifier for 2012 Olympics, and have also trained para-dressage riders in the South East and Wales.
Lessons can be private, semi-private, or group lessons. Sorry, horses not provided so needs to be on your own horse. Training programmes can be designed for your horse or your staff, and theory sessions are also available to prepare you for BHS exams or other qualifications; bespoke to meet your needs or come and join our regular winter sessions. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
BHSI, PhD, Dip. Sports Psychology
- Standard private lesson (approx. 45 min) @ £30
- Pay for 9 lessons, get the 10th lesson free (lessons must be paid for in one go, although booking times are flexible).
- Mileage additional @ 45p per mile (based on AA route planner from SA48 8LY) although mileage is negotiable to regular clients and for group bookings - get together with your friends to save costs!
- Courses taken in jumping or dressage by arrangement.
with Wendy Gill
Bespoke tutoring or writing service to meet your needs. Includes writing of articles, course material, newsletters, and more. I can write to suit different levels and a range of audiences. My transferable skills include the ability to simplify scientific material; analysis and critical review; and proven success in meeting deadlines. Current and past work includes developing and writing interactive course material for Veterinary Nursing, Equine courses, and Animal Care, as well as distance learning support for students, marking feedback, and exam preparation.
Both long-term contract work and short-term or one-off items considered. Rates are negotiable depending on level of material and whether a per-hour or per-word system is appropriate. Please contact me for more information and to discuss your needs.
BVSc, MRCVS, MSc Equine Science, GradDip Adult Learning & Teaching.
Tutoring @ £10 per hour (plus travel if required). Tutoring via skype is possible at £12 per hour.
Writing: Please contact me to discuss your requirements. Costs will vary depending on amount of research needed and whether or not copyright is retained. In general, negotiable standard commercial rates of £10-20 per hour will apply; however, cheaper rates may be available for larger projects, and per-word rates are available for small projects.
NB: this service does NOT include writing assignments or essays for students. As well as the ethics of plagiarism, we firmly believe that presenting someone else’s work as your own to obtain a qualification is a deliberate deception which can result in future animal welfare issues, due to lack of knowledge.
Presentations & Courses
with Carol Green and Wendy Gill
Want to can learn new things and ask questions from kind and approachable people with lots of knowledge? Look out for dates throughout the winter, run at our place in small friendly groups. You can meet new people at the same time.
Or, want to have a social evening/afternoon with your friends and looking for something different? Get together at your place or ours; any time of the year to suit you (minimum of three people, mileage extra).
Try one of our short presentations, or get involved in a longer course where you can get more depth of knowledge and maybe achieve a certificate.
All courses include opportunity for questions and tea/coffee & biscuits (sorry, not homemade).
- Introduction to Equine Behaviour
- 1 session - approx. 1 1/2 hr including discussion time; or 3x session short course (can be adapted to a morning, afternoon, or evening session). Covers the general factors affecting behaviour in horses, as well as key components of horse learning and training. COST = £10 (per session).
- Sports Psychology for Horse Riders
- 1 session approx. 1 1/2 hrs, includes discussion time. Covers the common problems that limit riders ability to achieve their best, as well as some techniques to counter them. COST = £10.
- Taster session: Combined Equine Behaviour/Sports Psychology
- 2x 1hour sessions, divided by discussion time and socialisation time. Incorporates the main components of the above two courses in a user-friendly manner. COST = £20.
- Training for BHS Horse Owners Certificate: Levels 1 to 2
- 10 sessions per level @ 1 1/2 hrs each. Covers the key principles of stable management for you and your horse. COST = £10 per session (BHS certificate extra). No exam is involved and you don’t have to take the certificate/s if you don’t want to. Learn new material or just brush up on your skills and enjoy the course, as time will be available for socialisation.
- Training towards other BHS certificates
- Bespoke one-on-one theory and practical training, or get a group together and we will train to suit your requirements.
Other course ideas - available by request, or we can adapt to meet your needs.
Equi-host: Customer service skills for equine businesses
Are your customers happy with the service they get? Could it be better? Do your staff know how to deal with complaints? Can they sell your services? Whether you run a livery yard or veterinary clinic or anything else with clients and customers, you can improve your customer service with staff training.
Equine Behaviour Explained: 10 x session course, based on Equine Behaviour Explained (eBook by Wendy Gill).
Do you want to learn more about why your horse behaves as it does? Aimed at the intermediate level rider, this course provides fact-based information covering things such as how your horse learns and why misunderstandings commonly occur between horse and rider.
Practical first aid and problem prevention for horses and dogs (and a little for the stable cat too)
Want to be more confident when things go wrong? Do you know when to call the vet and what to tell them on the phone? Includes information on how to avoid health problems by using common-sense preventative measures.
Do you have a topic that you need staff training for or that you are just interested in? Let us know and we can tailor a course to suit your staff, or add it to our winter series/elearning programme.
Have a problem? Can we help?
We have a wide range of relevant industry knowledge, combining practical and theory with many years of experience in a variety of equine-related businesses and industries. This allows us to provide a multi-discipline input to solutions for problems. Unlike many equine businesses, we have low overheads so can negotiate reasonable costs. Please contact us if you have a problem that needs a solution.
Carol & Wendy Back to Top of Page